Saturday 10 November 2012

Processing data.

With the beginning of a new job, which is finally a stepping stone into the right direction in my career and future, I notice time is flying by more and more quickly. This year in general has gone by in a heartbeat and sometimes I find myself taking a break to sit, ponder and have a breather. I'm sure all this rushing around, not eating and sleeping properly is not good for my health and will no doubt result to a full head of grey hairs.

As we are approaching the end of 2012, supposedly the end of the world, I have to ask myself if I am proud of what I have accomplished this year? You can think about the past and ignore everyday things, by shutting yourself away, but time is not your friend, nor is it waiting for you to feel better about yourself. At the end of any relationship, well any good relationship, you hear yourself and others feeding you the same bullshit clichés and I hate myself for becoming one of those people but I can't help but believe them. If I had not been single, dedicated job-hunting would no doubt have been a myth. I would probably have lived at my ex's only applying for a job here and there. And let's be honest, job hunting is a job in itself and is a long process, which you have to be motivated to do. I am rather proud of myself that it only took me two months to find a job perfect for me right now. In short, “everything happens for a reason”. Yawn right? But alas true!

So far, the job involves a lot of information to process, it's not exactly easy but it is enjoyable and with time I know it will become second nature. With time, effort and a lot of work, all the data processed will be worth it and I just hope I continue to be happy and good at what I do.

Processing new data from someone you're getting to know is just as long and requires effort and time. It is so difficult to like, trust and eventually let someone new into your life. Firstly, you might find it hard to like anyone in the first place and whether they are available or not is another story in itself. Then the actual process of finding out about one another is time-consuming but also quite wonderful. Eventually, if you find out you have lots in common and there's a spark (chemistry is very important!) you have to wonder, if you can actually trust someone. I can't help but think if it is all worth it in the end? Letting someone get personal into your life and getting used to having them there, sharing special moments, whether it is for a short or a long period of time. If it ends, you've just manually processed pages and pages of data into your life, eventually finding out months later that it was pointless, that you don't need it and you can now press delete and send to the trash. You may know the time and effort you put in but in the long-run it means nothing and no longer exists.


The question is do you just give up and never open a new file or after a while of huffing and puffing, look back and learn from the mistakes so that the new data entered will remain in the saved files forever?

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Nice thought with this blog I enjoy studying and I conceive this website got some truly utilitarian stuff on it!



    Data Processing
    .

    ReplyDelete